Sunday, May 24, 2015

Easy Like Sunday

You do not see this very often. Me, napping on Mom's bed. (You don't see Mom's bed unmade either, but that's another story.)

Mom got up yesterday, got dressed, cooked herself breakfast (don't worry about me, I -ALWAYS- get my foods first thing in the morning before Mom does anything else), and then went food hunting.

When she got back, she planted two big pots of plants that attract hummingbirds. (There is one fuchsia plant, two dragonwing begonias, two coleus plants and one ipo-something.) One is in the middle of the front garden, the other is near the side house, so I will be able to watch hummingbirds eat from the flowers.
 
After that, Mom went to the hardware store and bought bricks.  I kid you not.

Then she went BACK to the hardware store to buy a gas grill. Then she went to the food store again to buy some real life dead BEEF steak too cook on said grill. Did I get any?

I did not.

These are some of the reasons I did not post yesterday.


Fair warning: Today the tennis starts in Paris, at Roland Garros. It's going to be all tennis all the time here for the next couple of weeks.

Sigh.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Your mom trialled her brand new barbeque and didn't give you any real live dead beef? Why on earth not? That doesn't sound right, Millie. Perhaps she overcooked it and didn't want your taste buds bothered with it? I think that you should demand an explanation.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Monday walkers said...

Millie -in the hooman world there is an expression "I wonder what she (meaning your Mom) does in her spare time?" It actually means , of course -what a busy busy person! The garden is going to look absolutely spectacular, Millie, and will make your Mom feel that all her work has been worthwhile.

Noela Sydney Australia

Angel Prancer Pie said...

No steak?
Life is SO unfair!
Hope you have a better Sunday, Millie.
XOXO

Pat said...

Do I remember wrong, Millie? I seem to recall that you aren't really fond of beef.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

The bed looks pretty made up ta US! And hoping ya get hummers. We had some in April, but they left in the dry May. One came back yesserday and we are thrilled about that.

The Meezers or Billy said...

yep, it'a all tennis here too