Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday

I do not know why Beans call this Black Friday.

But I know why I do.

Mom put me in the cage and brought me to Auntie Karate's house. She says it is better for me than staying in our house without any electricity or any heat.  I am stuck in the downstairs bathroom. (I am not in the cage.) Sure I have my own litterbox and my foods, and it is warm, but.

It is not home.

Mom Lynne here...
We lost electricity just after midnight on Thursday. Sixty percent of homes in my town are without power. Statewide, over 111,000 homes are still without power (almost 200,000 homes were originally affected), and it is expected to take several days for power to be restored to all of them. I didn't want to leave Millie alone in a cold dark house, so I brought her to my sister's house, where I will be staying until the electricity is back at my own. Millie's none to pleased about it, but at least we are both safe and warm, and I do not have to worry about her.

14 comments:

Poppy Q said...

Glad to hear you girls are both safe. We hope the power is on soon and you get to return home.

Julie and Poppy Q
xxx

Pat said...

Millie looks pretty cozy there, cage or no cage. I saw the news this morning about the wide area power fail. Hope yours is restored soon.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Well....... Yer PTU is bigger than ours so mebbe thats a good thing?

Hannah and Lucy said...

We hope you will get your power back before too long.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

We hope your electricity is restored soon. Mommy says she was without power a few years ago and she was pretty miserable. She lost a lot of food in the freezer and fridge (and she had just gone shopping). So we hope you don't go through that (cold house probably helps there). Hey! One plus for a power outage in the cold months!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Happy you have a nice safe and warm place to stay for a few days until your power is back on.

Mickey's Musings said...

Millie, we also would not like being in a strange place and stuck in a bathroom. But at least you are warm and your Mom is with you. We purr your power at home comes back soon :)
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm glad you two both have somewhere warm to stay!

Monday walkers said...

What lovely words - "safe and warm" - I am sure you will settle in, Millie - but we know that you will be pleased when it is time to return home.

Noela Sydney Australia

Megan said...

Oh Millie - I'm desperately sad for you. I expect you're upset and worried. Trust your mom - she's looking after you and keeping you safe and warm.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Ellen in Oregon said...

MIllie, so sorry to see the snow caused Mom's Thanksgiving plans to change. Sad because your mom had everything looking so beautiful for the family dinner.Even though you are in the bathroom at Auntie Karate's house, mom is there & you are warm & safe. Besides, you wouldn't want to be out of the bathroom with the Devil Dog would you? A couple of days & you'll go home & be the boss again. For happy that Auntie Karate still has power & a private space for you. That's a lota snow you got. Too much for the 1st snowfall. It makes my human glad she does not live in the NE anymore.

RedSetter said...

That's the best solution. Ignore grumpy drawers, safe and warm is always best even if it is not your own place.

Saku said...

We are happy to know you and mom are safe and warm Millie. We hope the power will be restored soon so you can get back home.

Hang in there Millie! (and mom too)

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

sandra said...

Millie, Mom knows best:). But you must be feeling very unsettled and unsure. You'll soonbe home again.