Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Tippy-Tappy Tell-All

Hi! I have a story to tell you, gather round.

I've told you that Mom's doing a lot of tippy-tapping on the lapbox lately. She's still at it, and she's showing no signs of letting up. Yesterday she cleared the table in the sewing room and covered it with papers. She rearranged them, then drew squiggles on some parts, arrows on others, and big X's over other parts. Sometimes she'd pick up a piece of paper, rip in in half and throw it on the floor.I really don't know what the fuss is about. I've looked at these papers, and there's absolutely nothing special on any of them. I see my name, "Millie" over and over again, but I also see "Gizzy" and "Jasmine" and the words "quilting", "sewing" and "blog." None of that is out of the ordinary.

I'll be doing my best to make sure she doesn't wear her fingers out, or forget the important things in life (like -me-). You know how my Mom gets... she gets all revved up on something, and does nothing else, then after a while, she finds something else to do.

Now, don't mention anything to her about all this. Let's keep it a secret!

purrs,

14 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Your secret is safe with us!

Sara said...

Not a word from me!!!

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Hmmm, this all sounds very interesting. We will try to keep your secret, but out Mom can't be trusted once her curiosity has been piqued.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh goodness, what's she up to now.
She's always doing something. She must keep you entertained for hours with her shenanigans!

SeaThreePeeO said...

Our furry lips are sealed!

Poppy Q said...

We know what she is doing, and you better keep her secret Miss M.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We have no clue at all about what yer Mom is doing, so we CANT give away the secret...

Just Ducky said...

She must be doing a book. I hope it isn't a tell all that will embarass you.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I know ... I know ... oh, Millie - you'll have to work hard to keep her from wearing herself out!!!

Sparkle said...

Wow, this project sounds fascinating! I think you need to sit on some of these papers to help her out. I'll keep that a secret too.

Sparkle said...

Wow, this project sounds fascinating! I think you need to sit on some of these papers to help her out. I'll keep that a secret too.

Megan said...

Yes - I agree with Sparkle: this sounds like a case for very close snoopervision indeed, Millie. At the very least we'd expect to see some black and white furs on those papers.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Gigi said...

Hmmm. This is a mystery, Millie. You better wait till your Mom leaves and then get up on that table and get a good look at those papers.

Or maybe you could figure out how to turn on her lapbox when she's gone. Oh drat--you'll have to grow some thumbs first. Shoot.

The Meezers or Billy said...

you should take a better look reading them - maybe she's writing a book or something about you and you should get royalties