Sunday, January 04, 2009

Silly Sunday

This is one of those silly days where some things are just wrong, and some are strangely right.

This, for example, is just wrong: I mean, I know it's a fake tree and everything, but why can't it live inside all the time? It makes a terrific hiding spot. Like I said, this is pretty silly.

Everybody who has Mom's bread loves this kind. Mom says it has milk, butter and eggs in it. She doesn't know why it rises so big - bigger than any other kind of bread she ever makes, but it does. So again today, she made six loaves. Auntie Karate, Mr Karate and Mim-may all have dibs on these. I'm just a cat, and don't eat bread, but even I have to admit it smells really good.



(Mom hasn't forgotten about the movie with me and my 'nip banana, the prize package for LC, or that Mr Hendrix's mommy wants to learn how to quilt. And I haven't even told you about... oh, that's for another blog post!)

13 comments:

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

I wanted out tree to stay in the house too. But Dad couthe me chewing on it so out it went! I started helping Mom do a little quilting today. I hept moving the fabrics!

Anonymous said...

We hadded to take our tree down on New Year's Day, 'cos Alfie discovered he could climb up it! Pesky little bruvfurs!

Anonymous said...

Our tree has been down for a week. It was very sad.

Mom loves homemade bread, and she says mmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Millie, are you a Yeast Beast too? BooBoo likes to grab a bite of bread when it's warm out of the oven too.

ZOOLATRY said...

We can smell the bread all the way down here in Florida... the bean is searching cupboards for peach preserves...
we're wondering if we'll get a taste?
Happy New Year (albeit a few days late...)

Monty Q. Kat said...

Ew, MomBean's drooling. :P

Lux said...

That bread sure does look delish!

Forty Paws said...

Oh my! Can your Mom put the recipe up? Our Maw would luf luf luf to try and make those yummy breads!

Luf, Us

Shaggy and Scout said...

Mom knows someone who leaves her tree up all year and decorates it according to the season. Valentines, shamrocks & Irish stuff, pretty flowers for spring, red/white/blue for 4th of July...well you get the idea.
Our tree is going back into the box today too.

Just Ducky said...

Mum loves fresh bread, she is drool at the puter right now for a nice thick slab of bread with butter on it.

Our inside tree went away too this weekend.

Monty Q. Kat said...

The dog is trying to gas me to death. I'm coming over.

Max said...

I would like to have a tree all the time, too. My People won't let me have it, either. They're so mean, we didn't even get one this year at all! I hope that means next year we get two...

That bread looks goooood. I'd take a bite, for sure.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Sadie sez yoo hafta try a little peece of bred wif some real butter on it...Mom just stuck our little tree into a box, she din't even take da lights off!