Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Mom and her Mom and Dad went to Beantown the other night to watch Red Sox. I do not know why she had to do that, she has red socks in her sock drawer already. She said the Sox lost. Go figure. I bet I could find the lost socks in the bottom of her closet. Anyways, she was really tired yesterday so I decided to do a quick TT and let her get her beauty sleep. Which I kinda had to do since she was in bed by 8:30 last night. Sheesh, I didn't even get to see Alton Brown frost the cake!

Thirteen noises I do not like. (I almost called this Thirteen sounds I do not like, but if you do not like a sound it is NOISE.)

1. The Rug Sucking Monster (this not only makes noise, it makes the whole floor shake)
2. The Drill (I don't hear this often, but it's nasty)
3. The Lawnmower (I cannot understand why this is necessary)
4. The Weed Whacker (this either)
5. The Snow Blower (this is nasty and scary)
6. The Snow Plows (these make the whole house rumble when they go by in the winter)
7. The Blender (this is awful)
8. The Popcorn Popper (this makes things blow out of it that are kinda funny)
9. The Food Processor (this sometimes makes the lights dim!)
10. Crack and Boom storms (these are wicked scary)
11. Fire Trucks (Mom says these are okay as long as they never stop nearby)
12. Ambulances (see # 11.)
13. The Treadmill (I used to call this the moving sidewalk. I just don't understand the need for this.)

17 comments:

Bizzy for Gizzy Quilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That is a good list, Millie! I agree with all of them except for 3 and 13. My humans have something they call a "push" mower, that doesn't make much noise, and their treadmill doesn't make a lot of noise either. I just don't see why they have to run so much and go nowhere! Very odd. Humans can be weird.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

All of these is awful noyses Millie. We have a rug sucking monster dat wissels and hisses!

LZ said...

I HATE loud noises. Have you ever had the horror of listening to an air compressor?? The Awesome Man has one in the basement and the first time it turned on I leapt 6' in the air!!!

Chase

Monty Q. Kat said...

I'm sorry there are so many noises that you don't like, sweetie. It's usually pretty noise-free over here except for kidBean banter. If any of those 13 noises start teleport over and I'll protect you.

MomBean likes Alton Brown too, but I think in an unhealthy way. ;)

(Did you try your bed out yet?)

Milton said...

Millie,
We don't have a popcorn thingie so I'd say firecrackers! Sometimes the kids set them off and man, are they afffffilll! I can be sleeping in the mombeans lap happy as can be, then some nasty kid lights one off. Thats the only time I scratch mine mombean, but its just coz I'm a scared and have to run away as fast as I can.
---Beezer

Daisy said...

I hate loud noises too! They make me run and hide.

Anonymous said...

The only ones we've ever heard are #1, 2, 11, & 12, but those are bad enough. We also can't stand the sound of plastic bags.

If your mom wants to watch lost socks, the Lady has a bag of them she could look at as long as she wanted. One or two of them are even red. Actually, the ones in the bag aren't the ones that're lost - it's the matching ones that are lost. Now we're kinda confused.

Millie said...

I can't believe I forgot firecrackers. Beezer is right. Firecrackers are THE WORST. Much worse than the popcorn popper.

The Wanderer said...

I agree, there is no good reason for the moving sidewalk to exist. ;)

~Napoleon~

The Furry Kids said...

Treadmills are askeery!!!

Anonymous said...

We don't like any of those noises either. The leaf blower is the scariest. We haff heard most of them, cept the treadmill. Why do beans want to walk in one place?

Chrissie said...

We don't usually need snowplows here in Texas, Millie, but this last Snow Season, we DID, and man, I agree with you, it is SCARY!

Karen said...

I will have to look out for these things. I havent heard any but number one. An well Roomba isn't that bad. It is kinda fun to chase

Parker said...

The sucking monster! ~Shiver~

Lux said...

I don't know what #13 is, but I hate all those other noises, too! Wait a minute - I don't know about snow blowers and plows either, but I just know I would hate them. Because you do.

Just Ducky said...

hmmm, some of those noises I don't know. Like blender and food processor. But some of your noises we don't get, like sirens. We live on a dead end street, so if they come here someone we know is in trouble.