Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tuxie Girls

Mom has started calling us "the Girls."

Jasmine's been acting she's the Queen Bee. I can't get closer than two gizzys* or she hisses at me. If she's on Mom's bed and I walk into the room, she hisses at me. If I go into the kitchen to get my breakfast, and she's sitting at the entry, she hisses at me and tries to chase me away. It's a good thing I can jump higher than she can and my food bowl is on the kitchen counter. She's taken to sitting on the worktable in the sewing room while Mom is working on the Gizzy quilts. See... look:

But Ha Ha Ha! Lookit me on the bed surrounded by all this PINK fabric. Guess who that's for? It's a secret, I can't tell.

Three more Gizzy Quilts went flying out of here today. Marycatland, Pennsylvanicat and Indianacat. Dragonheart received his, and six just landed in New Zealand. Those Kiwi cats don't have blogs. And English Daisy should get hers soon. Mom's going to continue making quilts as long as cats want them. She loves sewing the quilts.


Everybody wants to know how we're doing. Mom says, "Well, Jasmine thinks Millie is really annoying. Millie wants some attention and she's trying to get it from Jasmine, who just wants her to go away. They're just like sisters." I think Mom expected more drama and histrionics when Gizzy went to the Bridge. She's making sure we both get lots of love and attention.

Because of the gluten thing, we're not getting any Temptations at all. That and Mr Karate thought I was a little fat when he saw me the other night. (Ouch!) When we were trying to get Gizzy to eat, it was snacks and treats and extra food all over the place. Not anymore. Mom wants all us "girls" to start eating better. I'm confused. Eating "better" means eating less?






* a "gizzy" is a S.U.O.C.M. - Standard Unit of Cat Measurement. One gizzy is approximately 18" long.

15 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Sorry to hear that Jasmine has been hissing at you, Millie. You look lovely in the middle of all that pink fabric! I am loving my quilt. :)

Glad to hear you are both getting lots of love and attention. Make sure you give your mom lots of purrs.

Daisy said...

Millie, do not worry, Pixie hisses at me all the time. But I still love her anyway.

I am glad you and Jasmine are adjusting OK to the loss of Gizzy. It is good that you are keeping busy.

=^..^= said...

The blue fabric is nice! I like the many many dolphins. Makes me fink of delicious tuna.

~Bombay

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

We are glad to hear you girls are doing OK. Bubbles says he will send Madness over to play with Millie so Jasmine can be left alone. And so Madness can leave him alone also!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Sorry Jasmine is (still) hissing at yoo. We're glad she's ajusting to not haffing Gizzy around and dat yoo are getting lots of love. Be sure to gif yoor mom lots of snuggles and purrs, dey take dis stuff so much harder. Don't dey reelize dat da rainbow bridj is a grate place...

The Meezers or Billy said...

mommy says that girl cats is hissier than boy cats, which is why she could nefurr haf anofurr girlcat when Trixie was alive. Since Trixie wented to the Bridge, we haf been asking her for a sisfur. I doesn't know if we will get on though.

Anonymous said...

Well, Millie, everyone reacts to loss differently and that may be what Jasmine's increased hissing is all about. Give her some space -- but not too much bc you girls need each other, even if you annoy each other.

Now, as for Mr. Karate: He seemed like such a nice boy, but to call you fat! Right in front of you! Well, I never!

Tara said...

What is it about these male humans that keep calling us girl cats fat? Do they say the same to their girl humans? No wonder why we like Moms better!

I'm sad about the temptations too, we still have some, but I don't think Mom is going to buy any more....

I love the the SUOCM!!

Tara

Katnippia said...

Hi Millie! Youz looks very cute laying on the pink fabric. Our meowmize tells us still to stop hissing and swatting each other here and there. We hopes that fings between youz and Jasmine get better....Sia

Parker said...

S.U.O.C.M. - I love that! I hope you and Jasmine get a little closer (maybe one "Gizzy") with no hisses from your sis!
All my Purrs!

Just Ducky said...

Hope the girls can learn to co-exist.

Boy said...

I think your Mom is confused.
Tell her to eat better means to get more fishy goodness, no...all the fishy goodness in the world, put on our pwates, for us to eat until we decide we're too full.
And temptations.
And kitty tweats.
And BBQ pork!

Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

hi millie dont worrie I hiss at Lilly Lu all the time left and right and Iris too But I luv them alot.. yes I do even luv Lilly Lu.. Since she been sick I get yeled at for Hissing. we Luv the pink stuff I am SURE the cat who gets that will be crazy about it right now she off sleeping wiff My buddy cat Ir okay I still have my catnip pillow and carrot
we sorry we not been around Mama mind has been esle were. She was so sad she thought that maybe Lilly Lu was going to be wiff Grizzy she crys just finking about it

Mu shue

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Maybe Jasmines missing Gizzy and that is why she is hissing so much ~poiland tribe

Mr. Karate said...

Millie I don't think you're fat at all! I think you're curvacious =)