Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Gizzy

This picture of Gizzy was taken on Sunday while Mom was working on finishing some quilts so they can go flying out of here. As you can see he doesn't look too happy. He keeps going onto the work table and meowing for Mom. She actually gave him a sponge bath.

He doesn't like it when I try to play, and today he hissed and growled, and then he hit me. If he is napping, and I don't pester him, I can nap next to him.

But Mom spends time with him in her lap, and he sleeps next to her all night. He hasn't gained any weight, either. Mom's been trying to give him stinky goodness in her room with the door closed. I don't think this is fair, so I wait on the other side of the door, and try to get it open. But no matter how politely I ask, no matter how loudly I beg, she won't give me any. And every time Gizzy goes near her and mews in a squeaky little voice, she takes him somewhere and gives him some stinky goodness.

And even though I personally think this is way Too Much Information... she wants me to tell you all that Gizzy DOES use the litter box, and he is QUITE STINKY about it, so he obviously isn't blocked.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Gizzy. I hope he starts feeling better real soon. I'm worried about the little man. I know your mom is taking good care of him though and you are being extra nice to him. My prayers are with you.

Pam

zorro's crew said...

Poor Gizzy, We hope is starts getting better soon. Has you mom given any more thought to the ultra sounding.

Anonymous said...

Well, Millie, Gizzy is not alone with the stinkitude. Our Smudge can be quite the little stinker, too. My husband, Kevin, thinks that's why Smudgie's such a sweet little creature...bc he's always getting rid of the stinky stuff. I like that theory.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Speaking of stinky, have you seen Psychokitty Max's blog today??
That is a lovely picture of the Gizz-Meister.

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh we hopes Gizzy feels better real soon. I likes to make the big stink in the middle of the night so that mommy has smell-a-vision dreams and wakes up choking - Miles

Mr. Hendrix said...

Aw, poor Gizzy. I hope he feels better soon. I was hoping the hairball was it so much. Poor Gizzy. And Millie, and Jasmine and you it must be hard on all of you. We're still praying hard for all of you and hoping Gizzy gets better so much!

LSP Grammie said...

Hi Gizzy,
My sister's kitty, Wendell, was having some health issues. He is 13 yrs old & had lost 6 or 7 lbs. They diagnosed an infected polyp in his intestines. They gave him some chicken flavored antibiotics. She also changed his food to Merrick's brand, an all natural kind. Actually Beau & Angie mentioned it in a recent posting. Just be sure to get the cat variety. Wendell loves it! Has gained 2 lbs in 10 days. She said it was a bit more expensive, about .79 for a 3.2 oz can. With 2 kitties eating it, she has not thrown away a single morsel!! Their favorites are Granny's Pot Roast & Thanksgiving Dinner. The website is merrickpetcare.com.
They like it better than Science Diet. Have your Mom check into it when she's not working on those awesome kitty quilts. Maybe it will help you too.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.
LSP Grammie (Lone Star Purrs)

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Awe, we were kinda hoping it waz da hareball too. Poor Gizzy, and poor Millie, who's she gonna play wif if Gizzy don't want to. We'll keep purraying for the old gent.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Gosh ... We sure hope that Gizzy feels better. It's a relief that he eats his stinky goodness and uses the litterbox, though. Keep us posted.
DMM

Karen Jo said...

Poor Gizzy. I'm sorry that he hasn't gained any weight back. I'b glad that he is eating and pooping, though. I'll keep hoping and praying for him.