Friday, November 24, 2006

The Indignity!

Today I was in the cat hammock and the Lady was working in the sewing room. She closed the door. Then she tried to catch me. I did my best to avoid her, but she caught me. She kept saying it was going to be OK, but I didn't like it much. She trimmed my claws. Which was bad enough, but then she tried to pick me up. Well, she's done that exactly twice before, and I didn't like it those times either. She wanted to find out how much I weighed. I wrestled around so much that she was practically holding me upside down by my back legs when we got on the scale together. I hope she's happy. I gather I weigh about six or six and a half pounds. I didn't let her hang on to me long enough for the numbers to stop moving.

4 comments:

Emma's Kat said...

Mommy just wants to make sure you are healthy! Wow, you are getting so grown up Millie!

Btw, if you're interested, we are having an emergency prayer vigil for KC tonight at the Pet Prayer & Praise Blog. It starts at 8:30pm EST.

momsbusy said...

millie you have grown so much since your rescue. all of the love and attention you get from the lady, gizzy and even jasmine is contributing to your growth. give the lady a chance, she really does want whats best for you.

Victor Tabbycat said...

Oh, Millie, I fink yur mom means well. They all do fings like that sumtimes. I fink beans just can't leaf well enuf alone. Even so, give her a hairball.

Ayla said...

Pitty trimming sucks. But I've learned that the best thing to do is sit still and it goes much faster. The humans are going to do it anyways so it might as well be quick.