Wednesday, September 20, 2006

uh oh...

The Lady is upset with us. One of us peed on her new down comforter. She doesn't know which one. Of course, we're not telling.


Now, this annoys me on so many levels. I usually make the bed right after I get dressed in the morning, but I am coming down with a cold so I was running a little late this morning. It was warm last night, and I pushed the comforter off the bed. This morning I didn't get into the room to make the bed until after breakfast, when I discovered... the wet stinky spot. Eeew!

So which cat did this and why? I empty the litterboxes every day. Was one of the cats marking his/her territory? Jasmine is the cat that sleeps at the end of my bed. During the night she'll go someplace else, and when I wake up, Gizzy will be on the bed. Usually he'll be heat-butting me or tapping me on the neck to wake me up.

Millie wants to play. Before I fall asleep, she'll run across the bed, either chasing or being chased by Gizzy. Jasmine will hiss and chase her. Sometimes I'll toss them all out of the room. I can understand Jasmine wanting to mark her territory. I can understand Millie wanting to leave her mark. Would Gizzy do it? I don't know.

Cat bloggers, have you got any ideas or suggestions?
-- the Lady


Update from the Lady~
I am feeling more that this is Jasmine marking her territory. I found some good information on territorial marking. It also recommends a good medical checkup. Since we already know that Jasmine is not well, that will surely be my next step. And it is also not a surprise that a new item (the comforter) was marked. So I have work to do.


11 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

My guess is Jasmine. With her not feeling well, and having her territory invaded, she probably just wanted to mark it.

PrincessMia said...

When Tigey came to live with me, he peed on both beds and on the carpet in both rooms with carpet. Beanmom took him to the vet and they said he had a bladder infection. He had to take yucky antibiotics but it cleared up and he was peeing in the box in no time.

Anonymous said...

We had a similar problem with one of our kitties once; she marked the lazyboy recliner in front of both sets of parents on Thanksgiving! 0_0

We took her to the vet and she had a bladder infection, after some medicine she felt and acted much better.

Anonymous said...

Yes, one of the cats might have a bladder infection.
Is Millie spayed? I think if I remember correctly you were waiting until she was a little friendlier? She might be marking, or one of the other cats might be marking as a response to having an intact cat in the house (even if they are both altered).

Shaggy and Scout said...

Our vote was Jasmine. We think she is pissed off (pun intended) at Millie. Plus, like you said she is not the healthiest. Too bad whoever it turns out to be, that it was not just a new item but a probably very expensive new item that got chosen!

Millie said...

Folks,
1. we think it's Jasmine letting me know that SHE is the one that will sleep ON the bed with the Lady.
2. the Lady will bring her to the vet
3. I have not been spayed yet. I am only about 6 months old.
4. I think Jasmine is pissed at me too.
5. the Lady says the comforter was not very expensive, and on sale.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

LC: We don't pee on the bed ever. We sleeps there! That's our favorite place (The Big Thing keeps the bedroom really dark and cavey and the watery-bed is "heated").

But Skeeter misses the basement litterbox sometimes, and I don't like having to walk around that. There is stuff to cover it up sometimes and I do that. But I worry about Skeeter sometimes.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

o, a watery-bed, sounds lik a good place to put tha bitey!

me finks poor Jasmine be sicks or sumfin. me Mommie washes tha down quilties 'n tha warshing maciney 'cause it gits 'em sooooo clean... u jus' haf ta be sures to gits 'em real dry.

Bear pees on stuffs too 'causes shes real old 'n her kid-mees be real olds, too. Me Mommie be always warshing stuffs from Bears accy-dents. .....KC

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

When we furrst came to our furr-efurr home, the old lady cat called Kitty yum bum had kid-her- knees problums an sumtimes she peed on the carpet. mum said she was a reely clean cat befurr she had elf problumms an that she cudn't help doing it.

Skeezix the Cat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Skeezix the Cat said...

Many yeers ago, win Mr Tasty Face mooved in with the Food Lady, the Food Lady's cat Perl peed all over any nice furnichur that belongd to Mr TF. She sprayed standing up like boy cats with bad manners do. It was a territory thing. Evenchully, Perl got mooved to live with my faverit Ant Joanne, hoo had a problim with rats. Perl took care of the rats and she loves living with Ant Joanne. She's never had a pee problim since. I think the Food Lady sed that any change in rooteen is hard on sum cats. It cood also be a hormonul imbalence.