Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fascinating Gizzy

I like Gizzy. This morning, he was sitting in the window, and he was flicking his tail back and forth. I thought it was an invitation, so I ran over, jumped up, and tagged his tail! He was so surprised he JUMPED! Then he hissed.

Tonight as the Lady was having her dinner, he was sitting in the kitchen, and I walked right over to him and sniffed him on the nose! I don't know how he could have been surprised, but he was. He hissed and growled a big growl at me. It was so loud the Lady told him to keep it down!

Then afterward, he was in the sewing room, and I asked nicely if he wanted to play. He hissed some more, but stayed where he was.

I think he secretly likes me.


(From the Lady: Thanks to all the wonderful cats and 'beans' for all your support and encouragement in my quest to make Millie a real part of our family. I know I have to be patient, and yes, it sure is hard! It is such a great feeling knowing that I can depend on all your collective experience.

Right now Millie is playing with a stuffed pink mouse [thanks Beau], batting it around underneath the coffee table, in full view of both cats and me. My mom thinks she's grown since she's been here. I can't really tell, but I do think she is going to be a big girl.)

4 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

if gizzy isn't swatting at you and running away, then he secretly likes you!

Shaggy and Scout said...

They're getting used to you. You'll have them in your little paw in no time!

Anonymous said...

You're a wonderful person for taking in little Millie. I think she is getting used to you and her "peeps". Give her time. She's so beautiful and I think you're right about her becoming a big girl!!

Teri said...

Millie is certainly a beautiful kitty. Even if she didnt capture my heart the instant I laid eyes on her I would be amazed by how lovely she is. Her white is snowy and the black on her is like ebony. She is truly a beautiful looking kitty. Soon she will show you her appreciation. I give it another 2 weeks and you will be able to pet her.