Monday, August 28, 2006

a catchy little song


Today I let the Lady pet me at dinnertime and ate some treats from her hand. I slept next to Gizzy for a while, then napped on the couch after dinner. I played with my new toy. As for how Jasmine's doing, well, let me tell you this little story.

She was sitting next to the Lady while the Lady was tippy-tappying on the silver lapbox. I went over to see what was going on. Jasmine practically flew off the Lady's chair and chased me under the couch, hissing, "I am not dead yet!" Then she walked back and forth in front of the couch, making sure I couldn't get out, singing it over and over, like it was a song:

"I am not dead yet
I can dance and I can sing
I am not dead yet
I can do the Highland Fling

I am not dead yet
No need to go to bed
No need to call the doctor
Cause I'm not yet dead..."

O-kay, oh-KAY, I get it.

(lyrics from Spamalot )

10 comments:

Hot(M)BC said...

hehehe What a funny song! I don't know who spamalot is, but I don't think they needs apologies. Go Jasmine :) (But tell Jasmine it's ok to be nice to you, Millie!)
Purrrrrrrrrrs,
Boni

Millie said...

The Lady says Spamalot is a Broadway show from Monty Python. She and her people famiy went to see it. They all have a weird sense of humor. And you are right, this Lady can't sing either.

The Meezers or Billy said...

We has been purraying lots for Jasmine, glad to know she's still got spunk.

Anonymous said...

Mommy giggles n sez Jasmine is "Notdeadfred"... whatever THAT is. And then she put one of her shiny round thingies in the pink box and there was MUSIC with those words!! Is the pink box a Notdeadfred too?

Silly hoomans. One minute they're complaining 'bout spam and then they're singing about it...

Meowers from Missouri said...

hello, millie! we're glad to hear you're getting more comfy in your furever home. gizzy seems like a furry nice kitty to hang out with.

and jasmine? well, you just let her chase and sing at you. if she feels good enough to do it, that's a "good thing". it means she's not feeling too bad to move or show 'tude!

please be nice to her, sugarkitty, even if she's not bein' nice to you, 'cause The Lady needs to see her acting like she always does. and maybe you two will be friends, yet!

purrs & pawpats from

nels, ed, nitro, & xing

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

We are glad to hear that Jasmine is feeling well. Be nice to her, Millie. And you are Gizzy seem to be good friends already.

Hot(M)BC said...

Oh! Fanks for tellin who Spamalot is, Millie :)
Purrrrrrs,
Boni

Millie said...

meezers - yeah, Jasmine has spunk all right.

hot(m)bc you are welcome. The Lady said Spamalot was really really funny.

mungo N teaser - I guess YOU know the song! The Lady's got those shiny circles too.

grr - WOW! You have a lot more courage than I have.

Cecilia - The Lady says I HAVE to be nice to Jasmine.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts for Jasmine. The Lady says she really appreciates it.

momsbusy said...

wow millie, gizzy sure is being nice to you. it's better than havin' him hiss at you all the time. let jasmine be, she has a right to be fiesty. it is good she is still got some 'tude. maybe you'll let the lady pet you for 7 minutes like grr did. take care of gizzy, jasmine and your lady.

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

You go, Jasmine girl! Show that wonderful spunk!

Millie, you all will be friends yet. And...isn't petting kinda nice? Eating out of the lady's hand? I wouldn't do that for months and months! Concatulations on that milestone!